Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A little of this.......

This past week was a time to get a few things finished.Last year this time I was in Japan and this year I will be going to Holland. I'm leaving in a few days. It has been a few years since I was there and I think it is time to visit my relatives. I have a long list of things I'm planning to do. Yes, I'm going by myself. Laurence does not like the idea of going over in the winter and visiting museums is not on the top of his list of priorities. We have had a lot of snow lately and any day now the trails will be open and he will be off for a run on the snowmobile. And then there are the chores, that have to be done. I still have few pairs of socks here and finished this pair this morning.Another Cookie A pattern, but the wool I got on sale somewhere and I have no idea where it came from. It did knit very well though. I'm still waiting for the pearls I bought to be used in the tying of the crazy quilt, so I had to find something else to do. Cards don't take long. This time I made 5 back grounds, using some of my selvages. Then I finished a few with some ribbon flowers I found.The rest all went into a bag and will be used when I need a quick project. I always find that once you put a frame around a landscape it looks completely different as is the case here. I found the frame in a drawer and it was the perfect size. I also realize that it will need a few more small trees in the front before I will do the threadwork. And...I cleaned up my sewing room. I find nothing is worse, than coming home after a trip and the room is a mess. This way I can start fresh with whatever I have decided.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment