Wednesday, August 06, 2008

New computer

Our old computer could not do the job anymore, so we updated to bigger and better one. But with it has come all kinds of problems. We are not what you call computer literate,so we have to wait for our son-in-law to come back in a week. We just hope that he can answer all our questions. But what works, works very well. I love the bigger screen and the speed. I even managed to get the pictures on Picassa, but that's as far as I got. So I hope to have better luck next week. The harvest is still going, slow on most days. This is the first day this week without rain. This makes it very hard and frustrating. Say yesterday. Laurence started at 11 and it was a beautiful sunny day. Combining went well, but by 2.3o it got dark and soon after the rain came down hard. End of combining for the day. Instead we ran some errands in Kitchener. This morning again was sunny, but by this time, 7 in the evening, he is still going. Not only makes it for a long harvest, the quality does not improve either. From the best, grade 2 it went to grade 3. And for some to the dreaded "feed" category with a decrease in pay. One more long day would finish here, but then he has to combine for different neighbours. I'm at home doing the chores and do whatever I'm told to do, from bringing meals to fetch parts. When not needed there is time to work on quilts. I planned to show a new workshop, but that will have to wait till next time. Also put the binding on the orchid quilt, even made piping!! I want to make one more 2 day workshop, but I have not been able to come up with the right idea. I hope I can post lots of pictures next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment