Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Another week....another storm

I'm just about tired of this winter. Friday Jeanette came for a visit. I helped her with 2 baby quilts and some knitting problems. Our plan for Saturday was to go to Port Huron and do some shopping there. Friday evening Laurence decided to come along, as long as he could have breakfast at the Cracker Barrel. Saturday morning the chores were done before 7 and soon after we were on our way. After 10 minutes and 2 cars in the ditch, I was ready to turn around, but both daughter and husband only knew one direction...and that was forward, even after we saw an accident with 2 smashed cars and a horse trailer partly in the ditch. I have to agree, that the driving was not too bad, because there were not many people on the road. We did make it and were good and hungry for breakfast once we were over the border. And we did get our shopping done. The trip home was less stressfull. No snow till the last 15 minutes. Sunday was a different story. Blowing snow made it impossible to do anything. Chores were done with the help of tractor and snowblower. And what did not help either was the fact, that we had to take our computer in to town to get fixed a few days earlier. And the t.v. did not work right either. Jeanette had no choice but stay for an extra day. We cut some patches, read, she made pies and I made a big pot of soup. Monday was sunny and cold and things got back to their regular routine.
The last few days I have made some small quilt tops for the guild's Smile Quilt program. The one above is about 36 by 36. I made 2 identical ones. The one below still needs a border, but I have used all the fabric I bought. I was 2 blocks short, but found some matching chicken fabric.

The third one has a school busses. I think there is about 2 inches of fabric left over. All of them will be machine quilted and they all will have flannel on the back.
This afternoon I put the outside border on the Mariner Compass Quilt and I hope to take it in to the quilter tomorrow. It is big, about 96 inches. By now there is enoug snow for hubby to go out on the snowmobile. We hope for a few sunny and calm days so he can go for a few runs. I will stay in and get more projects finished.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:16 AM

    I grew up in the Port Huron area and most of my family still lives there! What a small world huh?
    I live in Arizona now where it is 72 F!
    On your Mariners Compass your previous post, I love love love the green border it is beautiful! I hope you all get some nicer weather soon, my mother says it is pretty nasty out there.
    Rebecca Clouse

    ReplyDelete