Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Frost

Finally.....the harvest is over. Hubby got up at 3.30 this morning to combine the last corn and he finished before sunrise. Conditions were just right with the ground frozen. So that is it for another year. I took these pictures soon after the sun was up and there was still frost on the ground. All is gone now and it turned into a beautiful day. Not much in the quilt department to report. Worrying about a sick mother in Holland and a sick mother-in-law here took most of my engergies.A workshop last Saturday in Newmarket, a trunkshow tomorrow in Brampton and another workshop on Saturday in Orangeville just about does it for this year.I'm trying to machine quilt a small landscape, but I feel like I'm getting worse instead of better. Might have something to do with not feeling the best with a sore throat and a cold. These are my final few roses, clinging to life. This bush flowers from springtime till late fall. The small roses are not very showy, but they are very pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment